Spring is nearly upon us! Not only are we starting to see daffodils popping up everywhere, but the days are getting lighter and the weather a little bit warmer everyday. We are ready for summer!
But before the weather gets too warm, we thought we would sneak in one more 'wintry' recipe. This Blueberry Crumble Cake works well with the cross over of seasons and it's perfect for a morning or afternoon tea with a hot cuppa!
1 cup white sugar
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is slightly brown. Allow
5. Crumble the rest of the base mixture over the berries.
4. In another bowl, mix in sugar, cornflour, and blueberries. Stir gently until the berries are lightly coated, then spread evenly over the base.
3. With a fork, blend in the margarine/butter and egg until it forms a crumbly dough like texture In a greased tray, place half of the crumble mixture and pat down to form the base.
2. In a bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
1. Preheat oven to 190 degreesto cool before cutting.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or freshly whipped cream!
Yum! Find our Orchard Gold Berries at all leading supermarkets.